Thursday, July 7, 2016

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
The Hollies, 1975

In case I haven't mentioned it before...I have a brother with what they call "Downs' Syndrome".  his name is Paul.  Here is his photo:


Paul in May 2014

Paul is one of my heros' and inspirations.  He's actually a savant when it comes to Classic Rock.  He knows the Hollies and can sing their songs.  This weekend, I'm taking him to a "Roy Orbison Tribute" at the local watering hole.  The Manager has promised us "front row seats".  She knows Paul.  When I told Paul about the event and asked him to come..,I said...You remember Roy Orbison...don't you?  He paused for a moment an then started to sing  "Pretty Woman...walking down the street".|In honour of my brother Paul...I have added a new label to my blog:  "Classic Rock".


Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison

No comments: