Saturday, January 2, 2016

NOTICE: New Artwork on Greencrow Creative Resources Special Page

Froggy and Oh! Oh! - the video

Artwork #15 January 1, 2016 - "Froggy and Oh! Oh!"

....a Children's Storybook
Written, Illustrated and Carved by Greencrow for Eva

The idea for this carving came from a template in a Woodworking book.  I immediately wanted to carve it (the Musical frog) for my granddaughter for Christmas. But the frog had a plain dowel in its mouth....which was supposed to be run up and down its back to make a "frog-like" sound. I thought...no respectable frog would have a piece of wood in its mouth.  Then the idea came to me to put an insect into the frog's mouth.  A Dragon Fly seemed a natural choice...due to the long thin dowel shape. Gradually, the entire story of "Froggy and Oh! Oh!" came to me as I was carving the piece.

Click on Greencrow Creative Resources Page at the top of the Blog to see the whole post.

No comments: