Saturday, August 10, 2013

Tinker, Tinker

Been tinkering with this blog for the last couple of days and think I've made a few seminal improvements...still a ways to go, including learning how to upload photos.  That's a big one.  Also been thinking about what kind of content I want to pursue on this blog. 

Some ideas are firstly, of course, my unique analysis of the news.  I have a very accurate BS-o-meter...that I use to analyse the M$M reports--the "official stories".  This can gets me in trouble but in the end, I've never regretted applying the "smell test" to current events...If it stinks, I'll say so and I've been right more often than not.

Also want to talk about ideas.  I have a category I'll call "Half-baked Ideas".  Sometimes, a great idea (an innovation or invention, whatever) will come to me and I'll think...I should write that down!  Most of the time I don't.  I would also appreciate having comments from others about ideas (half or fully baked).

Finally, I would like to explore my artistic/creative side by posting some of my art projects.  I attended art school in my early 20's and have dabbled ever since.  Not wanting to be a pauper, I never relied on my art as a livelihood.  (I also have a very mild palsy in my hands and therefore, not able to draw a straight line...not that that's essential in art... but it is annoying).  I did do a few political cartoons a few years ago that were quite satisfying... but can't seem to lay my hands on them (might have stored them on a computer I subsequently got rid of : (.

Also been looking at a few other blogs to see what others bloggers make do with.  Normally, I do not assess the "artistic qualities" of the blogs I visit...just the content...so it was interesting to visit the blogs as a fellow blogger.  Some blogs I really enjoy are very high tech...Like James Corbett of The Corbett Report...

http://www.corbettreport.com/

but others are very low tech...like Aangirfan.

http://aangirfan.blogspot.ca/

Hmmmm.

No comments: