Friday, August 9, 2013

Killing the Goose that Lays the Golden Egg

I have wanted to do another post...apathetically...from time to time but something always discourages me...I know what it is...It's the chilling "Snowden effect" on social media stemming from his revelations that we are all being tapped into, recorded, videotaped, spied upon, etc. etc.  Of course I can't say that this was news to me.  I always knew it.  It's just that the crassness of the response of the PTB..."Yeah, that's what we Doooooooo!" and their treatment of whistleblowers in general over the past few years has sucked all the posting energy out of me.

Here is a cautionary report from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23627656

The reporter asserts that the only productive industry in the US...the technology industry...could be destroyed by the relentless pursuit of private information of ordinary citizens.  We don't want to feel like we're bugs under a microscope.

Personally, I have always rebelled against this feeling...I will NOT "Tweet" or go on Facebook as I believe they are obvious efforts to cull personal information.  Nor will I indulge in programs like "Luminosity" or look up my family tree (heritage) information on the web.  All my keystrokes will be recorded for later use.

More and more I think about the song written by Leonard Cohen "The Future" and how prescient it was...."...All your private life will suddenly explode."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drEFOaPaK8&feature=related

Then...there's the other voice in my head saying that I must fight fire with fire...use this Blog to fight against the injustices that I perceive...and the devil take the consequences.  After all, what can they do to me at my age?  (Cue sound of helicopter in the distance coming closer...then hovering over my house with a radiation beam shining down on me in my bed).

I am thinking of the old Buffalo Springfield tune from the 60's..."For What It's Worth"...

"Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY

Just when I feel the most discouraged...along comes a video that renews my faith in humanity.  Currently it is this one and I will end on this somewhat positive note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPzr1vzmGY&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL736C3116AD309B58

gc



3 comments:

morris108 said...

I wish we knew the real low down on snowden.

I have no knowledge of the authour but there are some interesting points here:

by googling: "My Creeping Concern that the NSA Leaker Edward Snowden is not who he Purports to be"

It just doesnt add up - The usa never requested an extradiction (which is still possible without a treaty)

Infighting factions in the US Govt is the best I have heard....

..............

We have no choice but to accept some loss of privacy - for sure I feel there is nowhere i can be without surveillance, and our phones are all cloud enterprises now.

..............


Looking forward to more posts...



morris108 said...

I wish we knew the real low down on snowden.

I have no knowledge of the authour but there are some interesting points here:

by googling: "My Creeping Concern that the NSA Leaker Edward Snowden is not who he Purports to be"

It just doesnt add up - The usa never requested an extradiction (which is still possible without a treaty)

Infighting factions in the US Govt is the best I have heard....

..............

We have no choice but to accept some loss of privacy - for sure I feel there is nowhere i can be without surveillance, and our phones are all cloud enterprises now.

..............


Looking forward to more posts...

greencrow said...

Hi Morris. Thanks for the encouragement...you're one of my inspirations! : )

Re Snowden, I still think that someone should apply the 9/11 litmus test to him...ask him whether he subscribes to the official view of 9/11. That would tell us all we need to know about the man.

Aside from Snowden, I do agree that what is going on geopolitically is a duel to the death between two factions in the West...I call them the white hats and the black hats (I note others use this simplistic analogy as well). Some who has been right on the money in his predictions about this battle is Benjamin Fulford...sure he's on the fringe but when his prediction that the Pope would resign came to pass...I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Peace,

gc